Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

I have a 1969 mach 1 with a c6 transmission thats leaking…

I have a 1969...

I have a 1969 mach 1 with a c6 transmission thats leaking around the shift lenkage

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Dont know how old it is its not the original it had a c4 in it when it was new this is the only leak it has

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '69 Ford?

Its a mach 1 with a 351 w

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent tried anything yet just noticed the leak in last couple of days dont know yet about fixing it myself wasnt sure how big a job that would be

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

9/20/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

It's an "O" ring that's in there for the seal. It's about a 2 hour job in the shop on a hoist and draining the fluid/dropping the pan.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor