Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons mechanical engineering 20 years repairing my own cars and others, 8 yrs in formula 1 engin
12772297

I have a 1975 Volkswagen Super Beetle fuel injection I get

Customer Question

I have a 1975 Volkswagen Super Beetle fuel injection I get fuel from the line from the front to the back however it does not start I spray quick start in the throttle body and the engine starts and dies I did replace all the gas lines from the gas tank to the fuel pump fuel pump is delivering fuel the engine has never run with me but it does run when I spray quick start in the throttle body I'm puzzled and I'm not able to find if I reversed one of the lines in the front of the vehicle I need a diagram to show me if the routing is correct please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello

the fuel pump supply line will be the one thats under pressure

I'd suggest to remove both fuel lines at the engine end put them into a bucket / jug and flick the ignition on

the pump should run for 2 seconds and you'll then see which line is the feed and which is the return

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've already done that and the fuel is coming out on the line that's coming from the front but the engine still will not start something is blocking it between apply line and getting to the injectors