Classic Car

Have Classic Car Questions? Ask an Expert.

Classic Car

My Ex has a 1963 Cheverolet Impala SS 2 door, automatic,

My Ex has a...
My Ex has a 1963 Cheverolet Impala SS 2 door, automatic, with the original 327 engine . It's a project car for someone . All #'s match and it even has all of it's paperwork including the original build order. Wondering what it's worth to sell it as is . It's parked at my house, and the tarp came off and I'm getting tired of people stopping by and wanting to buy it. And I have no clue what it's worth.
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: Tires are old but the body is in fairly good shape. It has sat for quite a while and will need someone who is into restoring it.
JA: Are you fixing your Impala SS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We want to sell it. But have no idea of the value.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just a ball park figure for selling it . The 327 was only put in the 1963 and 1964 Impala SS
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
eauto
eauto, Classic Car Mechanic

any pictures of the car?

No. It's a gold color. Some small rust on the quarter panels, but under side is solid. Floor boards have no rust
Just wondering if you have an idea of what it's worth , as is. It is definitely a project car for someone.

does it run? #s matching?

Doesn't run. Has all original paper work and even the build order. ALL Numbers match !

a fair condition driver is worth 20 grand a car that needs love is worth 6 to 12,000 depending on how nice

That's a good ball park figure. My ex has Rheumatoid arthritis and can't do the rebuild. It will make someone a nice car . Had a guy from Michigan stop by ( I'm in Indiana ) and he drives escort. He stopped by 3 times trying to catch me at home to see if it was for sale.
Thank you for your time.

yea its a sought after car if its a fairly solid mid west car it is worth $$

in excellent condition they are worth 30,000

hope you can rate my service 5 star

eauto
eauto, Classic Car Mechanic
I will be glad to . Thanks again.
eauto
eauto
eauto, Classic Car Mechanic