Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

I have a 1982 Mercedes Benz GE 280 Cabriolet. None of the…

Customer Question
I have a 1982...

I have a 1982 Mercedes Benz GE 280 Cabriolet. None of the online sites can give me a value for what this car is worth. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '82 classic?

Mercedes Benz GE 280 Cabriolet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am doing the work but need to find an online appraisal to get the title work done

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Classic Car
9/13/2017
Classic Car Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 9 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Here is a site for you to contact that can help you with that appraisal.

www.autoappraise.com/‎

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Ron,
I am just looking for an online estimate of value like Hagerty or Hemmings. Neither of them list this car. This is only to satisfy a ridiculous request by the Colorado DMV. So i would really rather not pay for something that has no real value to me. Is there a site that i could come up with this value?

I just gave you the site to contact, they can help you get the value or at least close to it. Here's that link again.

www.autoappraise.com/‎

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars for my time.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
you rate me