K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have 1967 firebird and have let the car sit with gas in

i have 1967 firebird and have let the car sit with gas in the fuel cell which is in the trunk for about 2 years. How can I clean the tank/ fuel lines? Also the reason I have the car off the road is because I am wanting to switch from manual steering to power steering and would like some pictures for the power steering brackets.

Hello, the best way to clean the cell is to remove it, fill with mineral spirits and agitate, repeating until clean. You can flush the lines with minearal spirits and compressed air. An AC flush gun works great for this.

The brackets will set up like THIS brackets and spacers can be purchased HERE

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.