Lou P.
Lou P., Technician
Experience:  I currently own a 1969 and 1972 CAMARO and have 15+ years of training and knowledge!!!!
27644750

I have a 1975 450sl that is not getting fuel. I am trying to

Customer Question

I have a 1975 450sl that is not getting fuel. I am trying to locate the fuel injection relay and a part #
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: !have 105K 0n it the battery is 2 yrs old & in good condition
JA: What is the model of your '75 Mercedes?
Customer: 450SL
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am so far I pulled a bosch manual & a schematic off the web and I'm not getting voltage to pin #11
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: so far the manual says if ) volts on #11replace that relay thats as far as I've gotten
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

may I have your vin please? also how do you know the car is not getting fuel? have you tried to start the engine off of starter fluid?

can you give me history on this issue and how it started? what you have done so far?

thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the vin is 1070441224997 yes the engine will start on starter fluid. I loosened a hose clamp between the fuel rails and there is pressure on the line, I can also hear the pump cycling.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

ok great thanks, ***** ***** have a noid light to verify if the injectors are getting a pulse ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure what a noid light is. Is it
A probe light. Can I use a meterL
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

meter doesnt catch the pulse, you can loan one from a parts store for no charge just a deposit.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

i am also trying to pull up the schematics, i believe that your fuel injector pulse and crank shaft pulse for the spark is from the dual points on the distributor, i had worked on quite a few of these, the control module for the fuel injection is huge lol, let me see what i can find, can you verify the dual set of points on the distributor?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

I cant get much info on this for some reason I will have to opt out

Lou