Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

Looking for the vin# on i think a 1928 or 29 model a pickup,

Customer Question
Looking for the vin#...

Looking for the vin# ***** i think a 1928 or 29 model a pickup

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Classic Car
8/13/2017
Classic Car Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The are no VIN numbers for vehicles before 1954. The engine serial number was used as the VIN. Here, I am providing a link to a site to give you a better understanding.... http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/ABenginenumbers.htm#C1

NOTE:

All Model A engine serial numbers were hand-stamped on the left hand side of the engine block, above the water inlet as shown above. There were variations in the spacing, position, orientation, and sharpness of individual numerals due to the manual alignment and stamping operation.The number pad itself was an as-cast surface on US-produced engines and was not machined flat. However, some early 1928 and some Canadian-produced and numbered engine blocks were stamped on a machined pad surface, not on an as-cast surface.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, please do not forget to rate the service as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.