kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I want to take out the old power train and replace it with

Customer Question

I want to take out the old power train and replace it with the new Chevrolet system. Have you heard of doing this? Is this possible? And hard is it?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

The hardest part will be integrating the instrument cluster and wire harness. You will have to adapt the fuel tank to work with an electric fuel pump as well as run new fuel lines. If you have a donner truck then that will make the job much easier to do. To get the pcm to work with the engine and transmission, you have to have the factory instrument cluster as well as the body control module wired in. Bolting the engine and transmission up should not be a problem, it is the electrical that will kick you in the pants.