Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

71 Lemans sat for 18 months ... tranny fluid everywhere -

Customer Question
71 Lemans sat for...

71 Lemans sat for 18 months ... tranny fluid everywhere - about 2 quarts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lemans yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looking to find the gasket and either do it myself or have a local mechanic put it on a lift and make it easy. Should I get a new filter at the same time? aluminum or chromed steel?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

350 and this is the first time ...tranny rebuild in "98

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Classic Car
your web sit indicated that the mechanic was online and ready to answer my call - so I ponied up the credit card and now I am waiting - not very ethical! You gave the impression herein that the mechanic therein pictured was standing by to respond. Not what was represented to solicit my buy in. Have to go to another meeting and can't wait on him any more now. Not a happy customer. not the 10 minutes or less represented. I have another 10 min and then we are done and I don't expect any charges on my card in that your representations are not true to the statement received on the website.
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/2/2017
Classic Car Mechanic: Roy Belding, Classic Car Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, Classic Car Mechanic

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

do you still need help???

I got no help per the indication alluded to above, i.e. that there was a mechanic standing by to answer my question and here we are an hour and 20 later. IF this is a free trial then OK I would love to hear your spin on what to check or what to include in what I have proposed. But I am not paying $28 dollars for a delayed response when the website indicates that a specific mechanic was available while I was online.

we are sub contractors for the site. we only get paid when you accept our answers that we provide.

the site makes the statements but there are times that a classic car tech is not available. a tech such as myself has grown up with the old cars and has more experience than some of the newer guys.

none of us work for free just as you want to be paid when you go to your job as well.

if you want to pass, thats fine. I understand but I do not work for free.

Roy

We're done then. The site represented that the mechanic was on line - available. Not the case. I have other contacts that I can pursue that are not deceptive and will do the work in my garage with/for me. Chevy Chevelle guy just across the street from me. Not supporting this kind of web site that doesn't deliver as represented. No satisfaction rendered. No pay out here.