Classic Car

Have Classic Car Questions? Ask an Expert.

Classic Car

I just installed a new H30/31 carb on my 1600cc motor and I…

Customer Question
I just installed a...

I just installed a new H30/31 carb on my 1600cc motor and I would like to know how to adjust it for the first time. It turns over but it doesn't keep idling unless I keep on the gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No and yes it starts the same

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

Bug and 1966

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have to get it running so I can take it in to have rear finder fixed but I just put the new carb on the car and when I started it and let off on the gas it just stops

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Classic Car
Answered in 6 days by:
8/2/2017
Classic Car Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately the best place to obtain this info since no one has posted the info here is usually from either a dealer or a repair center that works on classic models.They may charge a small fee for this info here in some cases.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician