K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

My engine in a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country is pushing the

Customer Question

My engine in a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country is pushing the water out the radiator
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 190,000 automatic
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to an auto mechanic shop he put on a new water pump, and said the engine was pushing the water out the radiator. He said I needed a new engine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm unsure he also said there was an oil leak
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is caused when combustion gasses enter the cooling system. It's most often due to a blown head gasket or cracked cylinder head. Head gasket replacement is quite expensive and with the mileage on the current engine you would come out better with a used low mileage or new engine.