Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 370 4v lima and it runs ok when cold but boggs down

Customer Question

I have a 370 4v lima and it runs ok when cold but boggs down when warm and barely runs. I have rebuilt the carb, put new plugs and wires on and changed rotor. still no help. It almost acts like a governor problem. It is all I can do to get 20 miles an hour out of it. Any thoughts?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Would a blown fuse affect running when hot?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: It is a f70 bv I can't remember the year. Early model....
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 1979
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing it myself. I have rebuilt the carb, new plugs and wiring, new rotor..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should be it. Thanks
Category: Classic Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the exhaust checked/tested this needs done.If a fault is found with a restriction in the exhaust this will cause this fault here and the component at fault will need replaced to resolve this.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete