Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1955 mercury montclair. I would very much like to

Customer Question

I have a 1955 mercury montclair. I would very much like to know as much as possible by the data plate. It reads as follows:
#55wa50044m#
Bv64a
83w-592-d-204
Any information will be appreciated. Thank you. -Bruce-
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately this data info can be difficult to obtain due to the year of this model here.In some cases you can still obtain this info through a dealer.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This was my Fathers car. He is now gone but the car is now mine and I want to "fix" it up. I will repaint it the same color, but need to know just what color it is. I went to my local dealer a week ago for help but they can't seem to help me with that. I was hoping someone can tell me what this data plate is telling me, anything will help. Thanks.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey Pete, I haven't heard anything more from you or anybody else for that matter. I just can't believe there isn't any place or anyone who can tell me what my data plate says. If this is all there is, I would like my money back if you don't mind. This site has been absolutely no help to me.