Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

74 eldo power seats just click how in the world do i remove

Customer Question

74 eldo power seats just click how in the world do i remove them to work on them? also where do i find parts for this beast tytyty danny
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It sounds like faulty seat motors or wiring issues here or even a seat track issue can cause this fault.Usually when they are stuck like this there is no easy way to remove them.I have had to use skinny wrenches to wrench them out a little at a time and lift up on the seat a little at a time as the bolts are removed to access them bolts better.

Parts for this can be difficult to obtain.In some cases the only places to get parts for something this old is a salvage yard.One place I use is http://www.car-part.com

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What a fool. Thanks for nothing
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

I apologize if this didnt help with what you needed here.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist.Let me know if you would like to do this here.No rating needed unless you are satisfied.

Thanks Pete