Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

OK, I have a dinosaur Caddy. A 1974 Fleetwood 75 Sedan, I

Customer Question

OK, I have a dinosaur Caddy. A 1974 Fleetwood 75 Sedan, I have NO power in my dash, but I do have power to the headlights and door lights. Replaced ignition switch, no avail. All fuses check out, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont show a diagram for this model here due to the age of this vehicle but I have seen issues on older models like this where the wiring from the ignition switch and light switch can corrode or short behind the dash needing repaired or replaced.If you have not had the wiring inspected for any issues this needs done to see if any wiring is found to be at fault.If any wiring is found to be at fault the affected wiring will need replaced or repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete