Classic Car

Have Classic Car Questions? Ask an Expert.

Classic Car

I chaned the points and now I have no spark .Looking way to

Customer Question
I chaned the points and...
I chaned the points and now I have no spark .Looking for a way to test the coil and the wiring to make sure I have juice where I am supposed to have it ?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Checked fuses all good no wiring diagram though
JA: What is the model/year of your classic?
Customer: 1961 Jaguar Mark IX
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tested I have juice to the coil Forgot how to test for juice at the points .You guys answered my first question about wiring the points
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it was running before I did the points change just would not start without starting fluid
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Classic Car Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Classic Car
6/26/2016
Classic Car Mechanic: Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech replied 1 year ago
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

, so you did set the points gap correct?

with the cap off & someone in the car turning the engine you should see it spark over & over

Of course right at the Points Contact

Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician