Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

280S: 1975 Mercedes 280S (M110 engine) - replaced Solex

Customer Question

1975 Mercedes 280S (M110 engine) - replaced Solex carburetor with Weber kit K248. Need help setting vacuum system back up.
The weber has two ports (advance and retard), but the stock Solex 4A1 that came with the M110 engine had seemingly more vacuum lines going in. They connect to EGR valve, air pump, exhaust return valve and vacuum booster as far as I can see. I will try to attach a diagram I drew in the next step.
Can you help me fit those connections to the simpler Weber? Also, my car is exhaust exempt in California, so if we need to bypass any of these that's probably fine too, as long as we make sure it doesn't affect the car running.
Category: Classic Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The diagram
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases you may have to speak with a repair facility that works on this model here or a dealer to locate the info you need on this.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead to see if we can get this info let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, yes I still need help. I didn't see an answer in your response.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Did my response show up at all here above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but it didn't contain any information related to my problem. Am I missing something here?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no answer?