cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Just bought a 67 deville. battery was almost completely dead

Customer Question

Just bought a 67 deville. battery was almost completely dead when it arrived. Bought new battery yesterday. Today i turned it on, put the top down and the car died. Ignition doesn't click at all, headlights won't come on, somewhere there is an electrical issue. where should I look first?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i would start with the negative battery cable trace it down make sure it is connected properly no bare wire showings check your battery terminals if you need anything else please let me know if you need anything else be sure to rate my service when you get the chance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed the negative battery cable all the way to where it is bolted to the frame. the cable looks good, no bare spots.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

and the terminals look good as well go ahead and check the positive cable

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
terminals look good. I'll check the positive now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
positive cable looks good all the way to the engine
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

have you checked the alternator to make sure it is charging