Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

My 356C quit running, choked down and stopped! finally got

Customer Question

my 356C quit running, choked down and stopped! finally got it started and checked timing. The timing light showed timing off 180 degrees from TDC. (the timing mark was at the bottom of the pulley!) I could not turn the distributor far enough to return timing to get back to TDC. Can the timing jump? What has happened? help would be appreciated.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. There is no way for the timing to get 180 out. You must be on the wrong ignition wire. Please confirm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Timing light on No. 1 plug wire (front right plug wire facing from rear to front of the car. Firing order is 1-4-3-2
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Did you see my picture I sent over ? To compare