Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  20 yrs experience
8402582

I plan to buy a classic car 1972 mustang. Maybe about 90 %

Customer Question

I plan to buy a classic car 1972 mustang. Maybe about 90 % restored, He wants top dollar for it. But it does not have the original motor. Is it worth top dollar?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Briarcliff767 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. Not it is not worth top dollar without the original motor. Only show case cars go for around $19,000- $22,000. And those are completely original and well kept cars. Restored cars do not go for the same. It also goes on how many owners, if it is convertible the overall condition. People that usually sale for top dollar have all paperwork from the day the car came on the market. I would not pay top dollar for this car as in todays market unless it is perfect you will not get your value back or be able to insure the vehicle at a top dollar amount.