Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

My 1980 elcamino tach. show 400 rpm with the key off and is…

Customer Question
my 1980 elcamino tach. show...
my 1980 elcamino tach. show 400 rpm with the key off and is drawing current.(battery runs down unless i dis connect the battery). it seems to operate ok when the v8 is running.but as soon as the key is turned off the needle goes to 400??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Classic Car
2/5/2016
Classic Car Mechanic: Ron, Classic Car Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, Classic Car Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you unplug the tach dose the draw leave?