K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Ihave a 1989 T-Bird. The drivers side window came free ofthe

Customer Question

Ihave a 1989 T-Bird. The drivers side window came free ofthe two clips gripping the window. I have taken the clips off the window track. I would like to know what the best way to refasten them to the window. I was going to use a two part epoxy glue apply into the clip exactly where they go. Fill up the clip, Then stick them back on and with the excess, Get it back betwee windo and clip. What's your thought? Kevin
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kevin, that would be the best way to go. I would remove the glass from the door and allow the epoxy to cure for 24 hours so it reaches it's maximum bond before reinstalling the glass.

I personally reccommend Devcon 2 ton epoxy for bonding plastic to glass as I've used it for this purpose for years and found it to be reliable.

http://www.amazon.com/Devcon-31345-Ton-Clear-Epoxy/dp/B0006O8QQ0