K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

On a 1974 super beetle, how do you correct water leaking

Customer Question

on a 1974 super beetle, how do you correct water leaking down onto floor on drivers side from the rubber hose for windshield washer
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

It's likely leaking from the washer switch itself or where the hose goes through the firewall. I'll post an image below of the air box as well as what the washer switch looks like.

If you look about an inch or two above the dash on the left side of the steering column you should see the hose connections.

As far as the squirter nozzles go you can clean and aim them by inserting a smll needle in it and moving it to the desired direction.

If I can help further just reply back.

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I was just checking in to see how things went.