Classic Car

Have Classic Car Questions? Ask an Expert.

Classic Car

I installed 2004 5.7 in a 62 Fury. Now hooking up data link,

Customer Question
I installed 2004 5.7 in...
I installed 2004 5.7 in a 62 Fury. Now hooking up data link, and looking for pin connections with control module.
Thanks
M
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Classic Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/5/2015
Classic Car Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Classic Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Classic Car Mechanic

Now hooking up data link, and looking for pin connections with control module.
???

What vehicle did the 5.7 come out of?
What exactly are you needing?

Out of a 2004 Dodge 1500 using the EFI. I am building the data link from scratch. Need to know which wires from the PCM (either 5 or 7 of them) that go to the data link. So for pin 2 of the data link, from where does it originate? I was going to hook it up according to the OBD II Scanner that I bought, but was told I didn't need all of them. So that left me wanting to search, and I could not get to the 1 on 1 relationship for the data link. Thank you. Mike

thanks for the added info..............

not familiar with this type connection from the OBDll..........
I have the PIN Out of the OBDll & the PCM, but not sure if that will help

will OPT OUT & relist
perhaps someone else has the exact info

I was just using the OBDII to debug error. The original question is I need the PCM to Data Link. Forget the OBDii. Which wire from the PCM goes to the data link connector; pin by pin? Thats all... Thanks,
Classic Car Mechanic: K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic

Hello I'll post it below. Let me know if you have any questions. The conector on the pcm is C!

Thank You, ***** ***** exactly what I was looking for. BUT, on my PCM, the #37 is absent, and the book says that is for a 4.7L, and the #36 is for the 5.7L, both being SCI Transmit. I also do not have a #26, again the books says it's for the 4.7, and the #25 is for the 5.7. So with 26 & 37 ignored, what becomes of pins 15 & 9 on the Data Link? Continuing with the logic questions, on the OBD II scan tool I have, there are no connectors for #9 or #12. By eliminating the PCM #26 going to DLC #9 from your list and making the correction PCM #37 to #36 to DCI #15, that would give me 4 wires. Will that give me the correct error read outs? Thanks you, Mike
I put this down so I could understand, as I didn't know what to do with DLC # ***** see attached.

Mile, below is what I have for the 5.7. I am waiting on a friend at the dealership to send me another diagram. As long as the pins on the dlc match up to the code reader it should recieve data. Some of the other pins are for the two way code readers.

As soon as I get that other diagram I'll post it so we can double check things.

Interesting. No wonder we have a discrepancy. I see the DLC #12 in your schematic so understand where you are coming from, and maybe you hit on the answer that the DLC #12 and PCM #25 are for some type of communication readers that the OBD II does not use. I am attaching the diagram of the PCM C1 that I use. I blackened the connectors in the photo of the face when I first started working with the Hemi a number of years ago to insure that what I had was what was there and didn't have to recount each pin along the way. The pages 2&3 tell me what they are. The little check by the number signifies that is where there is a wire connection. This also tells where I am getting the 4.7L information on the various connectors. If the last docx that I sent to you is correct, I suppose I can work with that, and go ahead and wire DLC #12 incase someone has communication equipment. But would like to hear what if the disparity is allowable and other assumptions accurate. Thanks, Mike

Mike, I'm going to open this back up to other experts in case someone has more/better information. Someone should be with you shortly.

How long must I wait for a definitive answer? It has been 3 days since hearing from you. At what point should I find some one to give me my money back?
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic