AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I have a 1959 Cadillac that has too much play in the

Customer Question

i have a 1959 Cadillac that has too much play in the steering wheel. I replaced the steering box but still to much play. It has about 1/4 turn before front wheel moves.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Have someone turn the wheel while watching the pitman arm and idler arm. Obviously don't see very many 59 cadillacs, but usually when we see what you are describing on a vehicle with a similar set up, it is the steering gear, pitman arm and idler arm

If this answers your question, please remember to rate my service so I may receive credit. It is greatly
appreciated. If you have any other questions regarding this issue you can contact me right here at no charge
even after rating. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your automotive concerns
.