How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hamman Your Own Question
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Category: Classic Car
Satisfied Customers: 2436
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
Type Your Classic Car Question Here...
Dr. Hamman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I asked this question earlier but I think the session

Customer Question

I asked this question earlier but I think the session dropped and I was charged $5
But I will try again. I have a 1973 Olds Delta 88 Royale with a 350.
I am wanting to have dual exhaust installed. The issue I am having is locating headers, preferrably short tube rather than long. it seems as if the only ones available at all for a Delta 88 are for the 400 and 455. However, I would think I could use headers that are designed for any similar Olds(###) ###-####exhaust manifold configuration like a Cutlass.
I have not looked yet, but if my stock exhaust manifolds are separate and simply go into a single pipe instead of being linked together from one manifold to the other, then maybe I can forget about headers and simply have the dual exhaust installed. But headers would be nice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

the stock exhaust has a front crossover pipe .

there are exhaust headers on ebay running around $200 these would fit your vehicle as well as cutlass's

called speed daddy .

then it would be simply collectors ,straight pipes and mufflers.etc..

I couldn't find any shorties but you can google olds clubs and you would most likely have good luck finding the parts you need .

such as--

if this was my car ,I would get those headers on ebay and then collectors,mufflers etc.

I don't know if you tried places such as Jegs j.c.whitney ,they may have what you need ...jazzmaster ..

I don't see any reason that cutlass headers wouldn't work or even vista cruisers //as long as they had a 350 motor ..