Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Classic car expert
Experience:  35 years experience Foreign and Domestic
2617050

Can a 351 cleveland be mounted in a 62 willys pickupwithout

Customer Question

Can a 351 cleveland be mounted in a 62 willys pickupwithout too much trouble?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 2 years ago.
Hello, sorry for the delay.
The 351 can be installed but it does require quite a bit of modifications due to the length of the engine and it hitting the firewall. However anything is possible with the right tools like a cutting torch and welder. I looked online for you and found some information that will help explain what all is involved with this conversion, i hope it helps you to get a better picture of what all is involved.
copy the link below to a new window to read it. It talks about the Ford windsor but applies to the cleveland as well.
https://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/fsb_swap_cj_46-71.htm
Best wishes my friend, it will be nice when completed!!
If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.
Larry