Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  own repair shop for 25yrs
14541291

Chevy corvette: how to R & R a radiator in a big block 72

Customer Question

how to R & R a radiator in a big block 72 corvette
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you1969-74 corvetteDrain the radiator.Raise the hood and insert a bolt in the hole of the hood support. Remove the hood.Remove the radiator inlet and outlet hoses and, if applicable, the transmission coolant hoses.If applicable, remove the supply tank hose at the radiator connection.Remove the shroud-to-radiator support bracket screws (the L88 engine does not have a fan shroud).Remove the shroud to radiator baffle bracket screws and let the shroud rest on the fan.Remove the radiator upper support bracket screws and carefully lift the radiator from the car.Install in the reverse order of removal.If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
read the question big block not short or small block what you have written is for a small block . i can get what u have told me from you tube and if you had done a big block before u would know that what you offered wasn't much help
ok.stand by,,one of the other guys will be right with youthanks