jazzmaster
jazzmaster, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

I have a 1977 El Camino and need to pull to speedometer . I

Customer Question

I have a 1977 El Camino and need to pull to speedometer for repair. I can't remember how ! I have the front off , all the screws out that I can see and released the cable. I thought there were 2 nuts that hold the speedometer head & cluster to the dash , but I don't see them. Do you have a picture ? Can you help me. I also need help with radio replacement & front center speaker. This is the long narrow speedometer not the upgraded round one.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 2 years ago.
hi, there will be 4 fasteners that hold the dash cluster to the dash 2 on top or top sides and 2 on the bottom ,
what is the question for the radio and speaker you have
I have owned many el camino's and monte carlo's over the last 20 years ,so if you still need help

hi, I am just checking back to see if I helped you or if you need assistance still . If I helped you please let me know so I can send you a post to rate me on with a positive smiley face thank you ..jazzmaster