Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

280 SL: 1979 gray market 280 sl. i am trying to find the

Customer Question

1979 gray market 280 sl.
i am trying to find the fuel pump relay.
there is no voltage at pump. with key on or while cranking.
would u happen to have a wiring diagram for this car or where can i get one?
thanks for all help
Category: Classic Car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I REPLACED THE PUMP AND FILTER,AND THE CAR RAN GREAT. THE NEXT DAY,THE BATTERY LIGHT STAYS ON EVEN WITH THE KEY OFF AND NOW THERE IS NO VOLTAGE AT THE PUMP. REMOVED NEG. BATTERY CABLE
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram on this model here.Since the battery light is on with the key on or off check the alternator and see if there are any loose,corroded or shorted wiring connections needing repaired to correct this fault.I have seen the alternator fail in the past before and can cause other electrical issues as well as wiring shorts.
Thanks Pete