Roy Belding
Roy Belding, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  Grew up with most of the 50,60 and 70 high performance cars
3506196

Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser: I have a 1971 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

Customer Question

I have a 1971 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser it turns over but I had get a click click sound. I changed out the starter and I'm still having problems with the vehicle it keeps making a click click sound what do you suggest?
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 2 years ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** i will assist
check your battery with a voltmeter and see what voltage you have. you need 12.5 volts to make the starter work. since you replaced the starter, I assume that is good. lets look at the suplly side of power.
Roy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay so we replaced the battery and the car now purrs like a kitten however the transmission will not engage either in drive or reverse.
ok, thats a new issue unrelated to your battery.
check the fluid level first. if it is ok, then I would change the oil/filter in the transmission. beyond that you have either a failed front pump or bad torque converter.
Roy
how are you making out???
please rate me for the answer to your original question as it is the only way we get paid for our efforts
Roy