How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike S. Your Own Question
Mike S.
Mike S., Classic Car Mechanic
Category: Classic Car
Satisfied Customers: 7568
Experience:  A.S.E. certified with 25+ years experience.
Type Your Classic Car Question Here...
Mike S. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ford Mustang: 1969 mustang fastback with a 351 windsor made

This answer was rated:

1969 mustang fastback with a 351 windsor made in 79. Question us what kind of distributor do I buy and all pulleys that I need

First of all, do you want to go with a contact point distributor or an electronic? I like shopping Summit Racing for things like this, they are about the best price, large selection, good brand names and shipping is really quick.

I have narrowed it down to like 74 distributors, now, you just have to choose what other options you want.

They should have the pulleys also. What accessories will you be driving? I assume there is no A.I.R. pump. Is it power steering or ac?

So, you would have the water pump, alternator and crankshaft pulley, anything else?

Mike S. and 5 other Classic Car Specialists are ready to help you