Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

1974 ford f100: what spot on the back of the ignition switch…

Customer Question
i need to know what...
i need to know what wires plug in what spot on the back of the ignition switch on my 1974 ford f100
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Classic Car
6/26/2010
Classic Car Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Classic car expert replied 8 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Classic car expert

Does it have the round connector on the back with 5 connections?

no i am missing that round connector and i need to know what color wires go where

Thanks,

All i have is the description of which wire goes to what terminal, but no colors. You should be able to figure out where they go pretty easy.

graphic

no mine has electronic ignition and i have a 6 terminal plug

Well,,,it sure didnt come original like that and i wont have any info for you. I'll open your question up in case someone else does.

yes it did come like that in 1974 there was 2 opitions early 74 was points and in late 74 was electronic ignition