Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

62 pickup: three speed 6 cyl..clutch depressed all the way..hydraulic…

Customer Question
have a chevy 62 pickup...
have a chevy 62 pickup three speed 6 cyl. . Slowly goes into gear with clutch depressed all the way. Put in a new hydraulic assist and it seemed to alleviate the problem for a few weeks. Now the truck is slowly going into gear with the clutch depressed, a bit faster than before. It is also not going into 1st very easily ( some grinding) other gears 2nd and 3rd are fine but I have the same problem holding them out of gear with the clutch depressed. Since the brakes are on the same master cyl. could it have something to do with them or is there an adjustment on the clutch itself? Or would you try another hydraulic assist. Or is it possably another problem all together. The truck may be too old to get an answer but most mechanics prefer the older vehicles so I thought I'd ask an expert. I was going to sell the truck and of course now it decided to have issues. figures.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Classic Car
6/19/2010
Classic Car Mechanic: RIP ROBERT, Classic Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
RIP ROBERT
RIP ROBERT, Classic Car Mechanic
HI;

HAVE YOU TRIED BLEEDING THE SLAVE CYLINDER AND READJUSTING CLUTCH? YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY. THANK YOU FOR USEING JUST ANSWER.

THANK YOU,

RIP ROBERT