Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

This is my third try, Dave

Customer Question
I would like to try...
I would like to try to get imformation on getting a duall fan pilley for my genaratoron my 1953 Cadillac. This is my third try, Dave.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Classic Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/17/2010
Classic Car Mechanic: Dale Stockstill, Automotive Diagnostic Technician replied 8 years ago
Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Automotive Diagnostic Technician

Hello again Dave,

This is Dale again. Did you call the number I provided for you off the national search?

I did get another response from Bill at this company. You might want to give them a call.

Harbor Auto - Used Auto Parts Division
480 Lynnway
Lynn, MA 01905

Phone: 1-781-593-3344
Fax: 1-781-596-0109

Here is the company I have been usuing to try to find your

part http://www.uneedapart.com/

Sincerely,

Dale

Edited by DaleStockstill on 6/17/2010 at 7:18 PM EST

Hello Dave,

Just got back from the hospital this afternoon. I have been looking for some possible match up pulleys for your Cadillac. I do not know the dimensions of the pulley you need but theses guys seem to specialize in pulleys. Take a look. Sorry about not being able to locate the pulley you need right away but some of the older vehicles are pretty hard to find parts for.

Take a LOOK at this site: http://www.thefind.com/cars/info-2-groove-water-pump-pulley#page=1&settings[search.pagesize.multiplier]=2

And here is another source that I have had pretty good luck with finding older parts.

http://caddydaddy577.corecommerce.com/cart.php?m=search_results&search=pulley

Sincerely,

Dale

Edited by DaleStockstill on 6/18/2010 at 4:41 AM EST
I was able to find mu pulley witha fan from a another individual from ask answer. thank you..Dave

Super. I am curious as to where you found it so I can be able to help someone else in the future. I very happy for you that you found the part you needed.

Sincerely,

Dale

So did the resources I gave you help you or did you find the part you needed somewhere else. I would like to know where you found the part so I can use them as a source for future customers.

Sincerely,

Dale