Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

1972 Torino: do to replace a 1973 bumper bracket with one…

Customer Question
I saw an article in...
I saw an article in a car magazine a while back telling people how and what to do to replace a 1973 bumper bracket with one from a 1972 Torino to move the 73 bumper back. What parts from the 72 will I need to make this happen? If you are wondering why I want to do this, it shortens the nose of the 73 and gives it a much nicer look.. Thank you very very much, Charlie L.I. New York. PS which model 72 brackets should I use?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Classic Car
6/10/2010
Classic Car Mechanic: Dr. Hamman, Technician replied 8 years ago
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed.

Just the bumper mounting brackets will need to be changed. You can also remove your stock brackets, and take them to a welding shop, and have them re drilled to allow you to mount the bumper closer in. This will save you money, and the time you need to find the different brackets. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.