How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris Your Own Question
Chris, Classic Car Guy
Category: Classic Car
Satisfied Customers: 27
Experience:  20 years helping fix, restore and maintain old classics and modernizing them to work like a new car.
Type Your Classic Car Question Here...
Chris is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

66 Mustang: atv cable..85 grand marq..Motor has 600 edelbrock carb.

Resolved Question:

How to hook a ATV cable on a AOD Transmission up in a 66 Mustang with a 302 engine? The transmission I have has original cable on it out of 85 Grand marq. Motor has 600 Edelbrock Carb.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  Chris replied 7 years ago.
Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you click on accept. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed.

Congrats on your trans swap! You will love the AOD trans.

You will need a special cable and bracket manufactured by Lokar(NNN) NNN-NNNN.
Bracket: SRK4000
Click on link below.

Best of luck with the new trans!

Edited by Chris on 9/18/2009 at 12:45 AM EST
Chris and other Classic Car Specialists are ready to help you

Related Classic Car Questions