Classic Car

Have classic car questions? Ask an Expert.

I have a 1966 Pontiac GTO, it has 5 wires going to the starter.

Customer Question
I can't figure where they...
I have a 1966 Pontiac GTO, it has 5 wires going to the starter. I can't figure where they all go ' I would like a complete wireing diagram for it. (under the hood)
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Classic Car
9/30/2008
Classic Car Mechanic: Larry, Classic Car Owner replied 9 years ago
Larry
Larry, Classic Car Owner
Hopefully this wiring diagram can help you figure it out:

graphic
Larry
Larry, Classic Car Owner
<p> </p><p> I will accept this, But I would still like to know where the fifth wire goes. this will help a lot . Think you TJM </p>
The wiring diagram doesn't show any more wires, so I'm assuming the "extra" wire probably goes to the big positive terminal on the starter solenoid (the same one that connects to the battery) It might be a power source for an accessory.