Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Not mazda just accidentaly click this page. This is

Not mazda just accidentaly...

Not mazda just accidentaly click this page

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this clicking been going on? Any leaking?

This is chrysler

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your Chrysler?

2006 pt touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chrysler Touring Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The car was running with the engine light on, the mechanic told the new ECU needs. change it after my car just cranked and after not cranked at all. kill my new battery , yes ttested) now with new battery battery light is on too

8/16/2022
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago
Kurt Mulling

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll try to help you with the issue.

The website may prompt you for a call , but that is up to you.

so at this point does the engine run?    and is the battery light on while running?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wrote the engine not running it was just cranking but i not started for a few minutes after not crank eiter
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

if the ECM has been replaced, was it re-programmed to your car?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
AIRo company did itwith my VIN #what experience? i did not get any answer
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

I not sure what are you asking about ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am asking what the possible problem, My car is not start, not crank, engine light and battery light is on
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

The battery light is on because it is not running, first, and it does not start because the BCM does not align with the new ECM and will need to be re-programmed on the car.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my car engine light and battry light is on, not stat and not cranking .
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

do you have a scan-tool to check for codes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I put back the old ECU , the problem is the sameno i do not have
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

Ok so that is where you need to start, as maybe you don't have a bad ECM.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was at the mecaniic they told I need the new ECU
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

And did they tell you what the codes were or why they decided it was the ECM?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just would like to know there is definitely not battery probleme,,,,,, it is startyer? alternator? or wire? or fuse?the car went limp mode... that was the code
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

it could be the throttle assembly, or the TPS or the TCM, or the BCM , and there would be some sort of code such as a p0102 or a U0100

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not was that i rememb er p088 somethi9ng
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

the codes will have # s attached on the screen on the scan-tool

no such code, but there is a p0068, which can be an issue with the throttle plates

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not remember but it was something withthe transmission b ecause the car was originaly stayed in limp modeP0882P1684
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

check fuse #33 in the TIPM

if it is good, then you may have a wire issue going from the TCM to the PCM or they may need to be re-programmed at the dealer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you think it is PCM problem? and why not start with the old computer when I changed back/not starter?or alternator?
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

not starter , or alt. in my mind, and after pulling the PCM and then re-installing it, it can loose it's programming and then will not start.

Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

here is a test for the 882 code

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
should i send back the ECU? that make worst my car.
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

I would send it back and get my money back, and then even if it cost more have the dealer check it out

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is 2006 and i really do not want put lots of money, but i will come back to you with the dealer suggestion
Chrysler Mechanic: Kurt Mulling,
 replied 1 month ago

OK , sorry that it is this way

Kurt Mulling