Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Im dealing with two damaged Chrysler/ Dodge TIPM Modules…

Hello Im dealing with two...
Hello Im dealing with two damaged Chrysler/ Dodge TIPM Modules (totally integrated power module) One module the wipers section has failed the other the turn signals have failed. Does anyone know how to repair?
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/22/2022
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question.  My name is***** be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer.  In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

Is it possible for you post the last 8 digits of the VIN? This will make it much easier to research this concern for you. Let me know either way, without this info I may need to ask a few additional questions pertaining to this concern.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Robert I am Chris, one of the vins is ***************** however I don’t have the other vin. Just to clarify I’m pretty confident is the part, and was wondering if anyone knew how to repair it. Not just replace. ThanksI also have part number off the part itself if you would like

Is this the VIN off the vehicle that you're trying to get going?  Send part number off of both TIPM's

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actually I’m going to need to get both going. I will get them both to you tomorrow.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Robert the first van is vin # ***************** TIPMS Part*
RTE24A02F7
Serial*
R0299A0431The second van is VIN# ***** part # RT032842J0 serial # D3385B0660The first van beginning with 2D8 the front signals don’t work. The second van Vin 2C4 windshield wipers don’t work. Thanks

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Thanks

I have been researching your concern and now have a bit of information for you...Let me know if you are missing any info or need an explanation of anything posted here...

On the turn signals concern, about the only way to get the front turn signals working is to use external relays and wire the front turns signals tapped in to the output for the rear signals to power up the relays in turn having the relays take fused power directly off the battery. On the wiper concern, the most likely fault is a relay for wiper control. If you can open up the tipm and find the correct relays on the circuit board, you may be able to replace the affected relay...

I'm posting some wiring diagrams for each van showing the circuits in question, hopefully this info will be helpful in getting these fixed without replacing the tipm's.

Lighting concern --->> Click Here to view <<---  (Right click and open in new tab)

--->> Click Here to view <<---  (Right click and open in new tab)

Wiper Concern --->> Click Here to view <<---  (Right click and open in new tab)

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found that pins were oxidized green in the module with lighting issue and believe i found a bad relay in the one with the windshield wiper issue. Awaiting a relay from amazon… Thanks for your help!