Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My bluetooth, radio and backup camera have stopped working.

My bluetooth, radio and...

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had issues with your backup camera? Is this an aftermarket unit or did it come with the vehicle?

It came with the vehicle. I had to have my van jumpstarted two weeks ago because of a battery issue, and it is fine now, but ever since that incident, the camera, and radio don't work. Neither does phone bluetooth.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your van?

2018 Town and Country

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

That's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/16/2021
Chrysler Mechanic: garrtim, service manager replied 1 year ago
garrtim
garrtim, service manager

hello, can you give me the last 8 digits of your vin # please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i'll go look. be right back

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
GR187624Did you get that?

yes

thanks -- let me check real quick

ok , as i suspected -- there is a software update available from chrysler that pertains to this concern as well as a software update for the hands free module -- these need to be done by the dealer

you can try doing a hard reset first by unhooking negative battery terminal acble for 15 minutes then reconnect -- but either way the software updates will need to be done

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The dealership can't get me in for over 2 weeks. So, no matter what, I have to have it done by them, right? No other way to get these things functional?Are you still there?

yes -- even if it resets with battery disconnect - i would still get the updates done

garrtim
garrtim, service manager