Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced horn and the horn still doesn't work. 2006. I took…

Replaced horn and the...

Replaced horn and the horn still doesn't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to Monteith tire repair and auto mechanic shop

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Tires age's vary but in good shape.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Just a horn issue.

4/15/2021
Chrysler Mechanic: garrtim, service manager replied 1 year ago
garrtim
garrtim, service manager

hello, have you tested for power at the horn when pressing on the horn pad?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure but they said they hard wired it.

what is the last 8 digits of your vin #?

garrtim
garrtim, service manager
Phone call session started

phone call did not work

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay

the horn is control by a switch under the horn pad and passes through the clockspring in the steering column-- i would test for power at horn when horn pad is pressed-- most common failure we see is the clock spring

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They supposedly tried that and also hard wired the horn.The horn used to work just fine.

the horn is pretty simple-- all we need is power and a ground--

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They worked on it for two hours and said they did that.Is there a relay for the horn, 2006 year model.

yes there is a relay

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
6T 308381

relay control circuit is located in the fuse box under the hood cavity 8 and 9

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the relay control number 8 and 9 clearly marked?is it configured within the fuse box located under the hood?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I locate it in the fuse box located under the hood.

what i sent you is a picture of the plug to the under side - where you can test the output of the horn circuit coming out of the fuse box --

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay.

thank you!