Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

From time to time the van will give a code of U110C, U0101,

Customer Question
From time to time...

From time to time the van will give a code of U110C, U0101, and U0155. The sysmptoms are the instrument display panel will turn all lights on and guages will act as if in test mode. Sometimes if i leave the van running while this is happening, it eventually resolves itself. If i turn the van off though. It will start but shuttoff within 2 seconds or so, The instrument display shows nothing, guages wont move, and the headlights turn on. Please help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes, replaced them all, didn't change any of the behavior. The van will just at some point start working again. sometimes its a few hours, has been a few months before

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2005 chrysler town and country limited edition.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i have replaced the tipm didn't change the symptoms

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Im at the end of my rope.... lol

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Chrysler
7/11/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert Blackwell,
 replied 10 days ago
Robert Blackwell
Hi my names Robert and I'll be helping you out today.
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
hello
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert Blackwell,
 replied 10 days ago
Hi, I've actually dealt with this twice. Both times were a weak battery and one of the times had an underperforming alternator. The batteries weren't dead and customer did not have to jump start but were weak. Have you had the battery and alternator tested recently. Parts stores will do it for free.
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
both are farely new. the batter a year or so. the alternator less than a year and I bought the bigger one for all the accessories this van has
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert Blackwell,
 replied 10 days ago
If you dont mind just to rule out the most common problem get the battery and alternator checked. I have plenty of diagrams and flow charts to help us out but would hate to do that if it were something really simple. I've installed alternators new that failed or failed shortly after undercharging. If your confident that both are up to par we can go from here and start further troubleshooting.
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
I will do that. except the car doesn't run. how would I check them myself. Ill pick up an meter tomorrow
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert Blackwell,
 replied 10 days ago
You cant check voltage side of things but you wont be able to test load side. Pull the battery and bring it to a parts store. They can charge it and test it at the same time. Before you reinstall it touch battery cables togethor for a few minutes with battery out and then reinstall. Start vehicle and put meter on battery post. You should see at least 13 volts. Let me know what you find.
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
I had the battery and alternator tested. battery is good. alternator trdt says bad voltage regulator. so I replaced it. still says bad voltage regulator when tested and the replaced alternator when bench tested say it's working fine. bench tested 3 times to be sure.
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert Blackwell,
 replied 9 days ago
Alright. I'll get back to you a little later this evening. It seems like their is a charging issue.