Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a2001 pt cruiser. the fog lights stay on all the

Customer Question
I have a2001 pt...

I have a2001 pt cruiser. the fog lights stay on all the time.where do I start to look for this problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know what size fuse it needs?

Yes , it takes a 15 amp fuse. checked it & is alright.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing it myself. Dld nothlng yet.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
6/1/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am a shop foreman at a Chrysler dealer and know exactly what this is.

whatr is it

It is the actual headlight switch/stalk that has failed and causing this. The switch will be replaced and I guarantee this will fix it. In the meantime you can remove the fuse for the fog lights. Give me a minute to tell you which fuse to pull. I will be right back.

Chris

Okay, remove fuse # 8 in the fuse box inside of the vehicle at the left side of the dash. That will prevent the fog lamps from coming on until you get the headlight switch replaced.

If you do your own repairs and want to replace the switch yourself, let me know and I will send you the procedure for doing so.

Chris

l am dolng my own repairs.
please send the procedure.

Ok, click on the link below to see the procedure. It is not that hard. Purchase the switch first, so you will see what you are replacing.

Chris

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra, and does not close this session. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Hello, were you able to see the procedure I sent you?Chris
Hello? Are you still here? Please let me know if you did receive the procedure for replacing the multifunction headlight switch and if so, is it helpful? If you did not get it. Please let me know and I will send it again.Chris
I did receive it. iwill let you know how it turns out.
Ik thanks. Just wanted to be sure. Let me know how it goes.Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you were able to get that headlight/multifunction switch replaced yet.

Chris

Any luck?

Chris

Hello, just checking back. You said that you would let me know how it turns out. So just wanted to be sure that you got it fixed. Please let me know.Chris

Hello? Were you able to get the headlight/multifunction switch replaced? And if so, do the fog lights now turn off?

Chris