Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Short runner valve stuck open and check engine light stays…

Customer Question
Short runner valve stuck...

Short runner valve stuck open and check engine light stays on. there fore it cant pass emissiions

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

The light stays on. i had a runner va

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2008 chrysler sebring convertible 2.4 litre engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had another short runner valve installed that i bought from e-bay. still says it stuck open. may be a defective unit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had fuel injection rail replaced, computer replaced, and are getting ready to install a trans solenoid on the vehicle.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
5/31/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 31+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

When this engine has codes for the short runner valve, replacing ONLY the short runner valve actuator usually doesn't solve the problem. To fix this concern you MUST replace the ENTIRE Intake Manifold assembly. The problem is normally internal to the manifold and replacing the complete intake manifold is what must be done to successfully solve the problem and get the lght to go out.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and effort. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you have paid to use the service. Leaving no rating results in the WEBSITE retaining the payment and the Expert that helped you out receives no credit. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

i replaced a lot of internal parts from a 2008 dodge avenger manifold. it did not have a short runner valve on it but the place where it goes was there. they evidently did away with the short runner valve. i did replace the fuel injector rail, fuel injectors, as well and a new rubber gasket i took off the 2008 dodge avenger manifold.

unfortunately since yours was originally equipped with the srv, you have no choice but to replace the intake manifold with a "New" one. If you purchase a used manifold that does have the srv, it will MOST LIKELY have the same problem as your original one. If I'm corrrect, the new intake manifold assembly is a dealer item so you will need to purchase it from your local dealer or if you post the last 8 digits of the vin, I can get the part number for you so you can order it cheaper from one of the online mopar parts suppliers..

Thank you,

Robert