Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Chrysler Voyager. It will not start. It cranks…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a 2002 Chrysler Voyager. It will not start. It cranks and the rpm gauge moves a little while cranking. I have verified the fuel pump is good and fuel is flowing. I also know that the spark plugs are not firing. The ignition coil was replaced recently and i am pretty sure it is not the ignition coil. On a separate note, before it started to not start. The transmission failed. I was able to drive it in first gear and move it around for a good month after the transmission failed. One day i moved it out of the driveway to clean it, I parked it on a hill part of my driveway. I backed it out by pushing of the level part of my driveway. Then i was able to go forward several times to get it lined up where i wanted it. Then i shut it off and left it parked on a slope on my driveway. Later when i went to start it to move it, it would not start. Just crank and crank. I am looking into the crank shaft position sensor as a possible cause why it will not start. I also saw a post about a bad temperature sensor that was keeping the computer from firing up the engine. Could the bad transmission have anything to do with all of the sudden not being able to start up? AS of this morning, May 30, 2018, i was able to test the third or the "C" wire coming into the ignition coil. There is almost zero volts, but not zero, and definitely not 12 when the engine is being cranked.
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Chrysler
5/31/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 21 days ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If you don't have ASD voltage to the coil while cranking then you either have a wiring issue, a bad ASD relay, an internal issue in the integrated power module, or the cam and crank signals may not be in sync. It will require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

Do you know what fault codes have set?