Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Problem with my hard top opening. 2009. By my own. the roof…

Customer Question
Problem with my hard...

Problem with my hard top opening

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes by my own. the roof open at half then stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The hydaulic pump work but not sure if the selenoid work?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Chrysler sebring 2009 convertible hard top the top open half then stop
oil level of hydrolic pump is ok
5/29/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Does the hard top return to the closed position at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

O.k., what is occurring is one of the roof position sensor/switches is not sending the correct signal. This allows the top to open to a certain point and stop like your seeing but allows the top to then close as needed. There are several of these position switch/sensors on your model here that can act up causing this fault.

What has to be done is to have a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model plugged into your vehicles data port to see what codes are set. Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here. If no codes are set then the scan tool is used to monitor the roof position sensors to locate the faulty sensor sending a false signal and then that sensor will have to be replaced.

This has to be done to help in locating and repairing this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete