Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replaced my original radiator cap with a new one. Stant…

Customer Question
I replaced my original...

I replaced my original radiator cap with a new one . Stant radaitor cap and now it wasn't to over heat. When I release the pressure by just pulling up the red leaver. the heat gauge stops to drop until I put the leaver back done. Could the new radaitor cap have to much pressure ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2004 sebring 2.7 v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes .I put the original back on but it still heats up. I'm on holidays.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I the last time I released the pressure it finally started blowing hot air on high defrost.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Chrysler
5/28/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 25 days ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 31+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Did you top off the coolant to the top of the fill opening?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

you might be ok now that you now have heat from the defrost... Double check the coolant level and let me know if it still overheats... also check to see if the radiator fans come on...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert