Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tried to use wrong key .menu says wrong key and we cannot…

Customer Question
Tried to use wrong...

Tried to use wrong key .menu says wrong key and we cannot ,insert the right key. Car cannot be used hekp

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2011 Town and Country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have not tried any thing we are two old folks and not tech saves.Our car is parked in a position in our driveway which makes it impossible for us to get our other car out.

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Chrysler
5/27/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 29 days ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Inserting an incorrect key under normal circumstances would not do anything other than give you a wrong key message on the instrument cluster. When turning the correct key to the run position it would operate normally. If you're physically unable to insert a key then that indicates a problem with the wireless ignition node.

You can try a battery disconnect and see if that helps. If not then the WIN is most likely going to need to be replaced.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.