Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My dodge van is a 09 and I have a misfire on [email protected] have

Customer Question
My dodge van is...

My dodge van is a 09 and I have a misfire on [email protected] have changed plugs a d wires no good changed coil pack have no fire from [email protected] still out of the new coil pack

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?

180k miles steady no fire straight from coil pack

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

Dodge minievan 3.3

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Dodge?

09

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes plugs wires @ new coil pack [email protected] wont fire straight out of the coil pack

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be the cam sensor

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Chrysler
5/27/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Vladimir Grodskiy, Automotive Electrician replied 24 days ago
Vladimir Grodskiy
Vladimir Grodskiy, Automotive Electrician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is Vlad.

I would start from checking it for trouble codes.

Se if you get any coil control circuit trouble codes.

I do not think the cam shaft position sensor would cause no coil firing on 3&6.

You may also want to check wiring between the PCM and ignition coil for any open or short circuit issues as the pcm controls each pair individually so there should be 4 wires where one is +12V power from ASD relay and 3 other wires are ground control side from the PCM.

I have also seen a weird issues when a cracked crankshaft flex plate caused no firing for a couple of cylinders.